J Dey murder case: Court to frame charges today
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A sessions court will on Monday frame charges in the journalist J Dey murder case, two years after he was killed by four bike-borne men on June 11, 2011, in Powai, allegedly at gangster Chhota Rajan’s behest.
On October 9, Paulson Joseph, one of the key accused in the case, was granted bail by the Bombay high court on a personal bond of Rs1 lakh.
Joseph was arrested on September 5, 2011, after it was revealed that he provided SIM cards to the gangster’s sharpshooter.
Of 11 people arrested in the case, former journalist Jigna Vohra was the first accused to be released on bail.
The prosecution opposed the plea on the ground that there was substantial evidence against the accused.
Statements by co-accused have named Joseph. Paulson though argued that the prosecution has no direct evidence against him and he was being wrongly implicated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP