J Dey murder case: Court to frame charges today
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A sessions court will on Monday frame charges in the journalist J Dey murder case, two years after he was killed by four bike-borne men on June 11, 2011, in Powai, allegedly at gangster Chhota Rajan’s behest.
On October 9, Paulson Joseph, one of the key accused in the case, was granted bail by the Bombay high court on a personal bond of Rs1 lakh.
Joseph was arrested on September 5, 2011, after it was revealed that he provided SIM cards to the gangster’s sharpshooter.
Of 11 people arrested in the case, former journalist Jigna Vohra was the first accused to be released on bail.
The prosecution opposed the plea on the ground that there was substantial evidence against the accused.
Statements by co-accused have named Joseph. Paulson though argued that the prosecution has no direct evidence against him and he was being wrongly implicated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media