J Dey murder case: Court to frame charges today
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A sessions court will on Monday frame charges in the journalist J Dey murder case, two years after he was killed by four bike-borne men on June 11, 2011, in Powai, allegedly at gangster Chhota Rajan’s behest.
On October 9, Paulson Joseph, one of the key accused in the case, was granted bail by the Bombay high court on a personal bond of Rs1 lakh.
Joseph was arrested on September 5, 2011, after it was revealed that he provided SIM cards to the gangster’s sharpshooter.
Of 11 people arrested in the case, former journalist Jigna Vohra was the first accused to be released on bail.
The prosecution opposed the plea on the ground that there was substantial evidence against the accused.
Statements by co-accused have named Joseph. Paulson though argued that the prosecution has no direct evidence against him and he was being wrongly implicated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'