J Dey murder case: Court to frame charges today
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A sessions court will on Monday frame charges in the journalist J Dey murder case, two years after he was killed by four bike-borne men on June 11, 2011, in Powai, allegedly at gangster Chhota Rajan’s behest.
On October 9, Paulson Joseph, one of the key accused in the case, was granted bail by the Bombay high court on a personal bond of Rs1 lakh.
Joseph was arrested on September 5, 2011, after it was revealed that he provided SIM cards to the gangster’s sharpshooter.
Of 11 people arrested in the case, former journalist Jigna Vohra was the first accused to be released on bail.
The prosecution opposed the plea on the ground that there was substantial evidence against the accused.
Statements by co-accused have named Joseph. Paulson though argued that the prosecution has no direct evidence against him and he was being wrongly implicated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back