J Dey murder case: Jigna Vora moves court for bail
Mumbai: Woman journalist Jigna Vora, arrested
in connection with the murder of senior crime reporter J Dey,
has moved a special MCOCA court seeking bail.
Vora was arrested on November 25 last year under the
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) on charges
of providing key information like supplying licence plate
number of the motorcycle and address of the slain journalist
to underworld fugitive Chhota Rajan.
In the application, Vora has claimed that there was not a
single outgoing call made by her to Rajan and it would
therefore be wrong to state that she had instigated Rajan
against Dey by speaking ill about him.
"A perusal of the print-outs would show that all the
calls have been made by Rajan to her," Vora said in the
Though some of the journalists say that Rajan had
informed them that Vora had instigated him against Dey, none
of the journalists have produced any record of the calls made
to them by Rajan, she said.
"There is no recorded interview of Rajan with these
witnesses (journalists), wherein he (Rajan) has implicated
Vora, nor there is any record to corroborate their statement
that they had an occasion to speak to Rajan," the application
Vora further said that a call made to a friend of the
accused Vinod Chembur is the only intercepted one on record.
"Though this witness alleges that Rajan informed him that Vora
had instigated him against Dey and provided him the details,
the same is not found in the said intercepted communication,"
contended the bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days