J Dey murder: Jigna Vora walks out of jail
Mumbai: Over a fortnight after she was granted bail by the Special MCOCA court in journalist J Dey murder case, scribe Jigna Vora has finally walked out of the prison, sources said on Monday.
"Vora was released on Saturday from jail after completing the necessary formalities", sources at Byculla jail where she was lodged since her arrest told PTI.
Vora was granted bail on July 27 by the court on grounds that she has a child to look after and is a single parent and that her detention was not required in absence of any strong argument from prosecution for denying her the relief.
Vora, deputy chief of bureau of English daily Asian Age, was arrested on November 25, 2011 for her alleged complicity in the murder of fellow journalist Jyotirmoy Dey, Editor (Investigations) with city tabloid Mid-Day.
Special MCOCA court judge S M Modak had ordered her release on a surety of Rs one lakh.
The crime branch has arrested 11 accused in the case.
The court, in the bail order, had also restrained Vora from interacting with the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi