J Dey murder: Jigna Vora walks out of jail
Mumbai: Over a fortnight after she was granted bail by the Special MCOCA court in journalist J Dey murder case, scribe Jigna Vora has finally walked out of the prison, sources said on Monday.
"Vora was released on Saturday from jail after completing the necessary formalities", sources at Byculla jail where she was lodged since her arrest told PTI.
Vora was granted bail on July 27 by the court on grounds that she has a child to look after and is a single parent and that her detention was not required in absence of any strong argument from prosecution for denying her the relief.
Vora, deputy chief of bureau of English daily Asian Age, was arrested on November 25, 2011 for her alleged complicity in the murder of fellow journalist Jyotirmoy Dey, Editor (Investigations) with city tabloid Mid-Day.
Special MCOCA court judge S M Modak had ordered her release on a surety of Rs one lakh.
The crime branch has arrested 11 accused in the case.
The court, in the bail order, had also restrained Vora from interacting with the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'