J Dey murder: Jigna Vora walks out of jail
Mumbai: Over a fortnight after she was granted bail by the Special MCOCA court in journalist J Dey murder case, scribe Jigna Vora has finally walked out of the prison, sources said on Monday.
"Vora was released on Saturday from jail after completing the necessary formalities", sources at Byculla jail where she was lodged since her arrest told PTI.
Vora was granted bail on July 27 by the court on grounds that she has a child to look after and is a single parent and that her detention was not required in absence of any strong argument from prosecution for denying her the relief.
Vora, deputy chief of bureau of English daily Asian Age, was arrested on November 25, 2011 for her alleged complicity in the murder of fellow journalist Jyotirmoy Dey, Editor (Investigations) with city tabloid Mid-Day.
Special MCOCA court judge S M Modak had ordered her release on a surety of Rs one lakh.
The crime branch has arrested 11 accused in the case.
The court, in the bail order, had also restrained Vora from interacting with the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post