J Dey murder: Journalist Jigna Vora granted bail
Mumbai: Journalist Jigna Vora, who is an accused in the J Dey murder case has been granted bail by MOCOCA court on Friday.
She got a bail on a surety amount of Rs one lakh.
The court said that since the chargesheet was already filed, there was no need for Jigna to remain in custody. However, certain conditions were laid down for her bail. She cannot tamper with evidence, she has to submit her passport and she has to present herself before a police station twice a week.
The court also took cognisance of the fact that Jigna had a small child to take care of.
The Mumbai Police had filed a supplementary chargesheet against woman journalist Jigna Vora in February this year in connection with the murder of senior scribe J Dey.
Dey, who used to cover underworld for a leading Mumbai daily, was shot dead on June 11 last year.
Jigna had been booked under various Sections of IPC including murder, criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence, besides stringent provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and the Arms Act.
Vora, working as a deputy bureau chief with a Mumbai daily, was arrested on November 25 last year in connection with the case.
Mumbai police had, in December last year, filed a chargesheet against 12 accused in the case. However, the name of Jigna, who was arrested in November, was not included.
The chargesheet filed in the Special MCOCA court runs into 3,055 pages and describes in detail the role of 10 men involved in Dey`s murder.
Fugitive don Chhota Rajan has also been named in the chargesheet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says