J Dey murder: Mumbai police quiz cops, scribes
Ahmedabad: Mumbai crime branch officials have questioned two police officials and a couple of journalists in the city in connection with the J Dey murder case, city police said on Thursday.
The questioning happened in the last 3-4 days when the
Mumbai police team came to city as mobile phone call records
showed the one of the accused Jigna Vora, who was arrested
last month, had been in touch with them, a police official
said on condition of anonymity.
One of the journalist, who was questioned, was previously
working in Mumbai and had recently shifted to city, he said,
adding that his number had cropped up in Vora`s mobile phone
The official, however, refused to name the persons who
were quizzed by the Mumbai police.
Dey, working with Mumbai-based tabloid Mid Day, was shot
dead in suburban Powai on June 11 by assailants at the behest
of Rajan, who gave Rs five lakh to the accused for the murder
Vora, deputy bureau chief of The Asian Age, was arrested
last month for allegedly providing vital information regarding
Dey to Rajan, resulting in the latter`s killing, according to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy