J Dey: Supplementary charge sheet filed against Vora, Sisodia
Mumbai: Mumbai police on Tuesday filed a supplementary charge sheet against scribe Jigna Vora and another accused Deepak Sisodia in the J Dey murder case, a day after the journalist`s first death anniversary.
The crime branch has attached a page of attendance register of the month of June 2011 with the 120-page charge sheet filed in the MCOCA court here showing that Vora was on leave from June 9, 2011 to June 19, 2011. Dey was killed on June 11.
Vora, deputy chief of bureau of a city-based English newspaper, was arrested on November 25 under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) for complicity in murder of the senior journalist.
Fugitive underworld don Chhota Rajan is said to be behind the killing.
Vora is accused of passing on key information like the number plate of Dey`s motorcycle and his residential address to Chhota Rajan.
"Vora did not inform me before she proceed for leave neither she called me when she was not reporting to work," said the attendance keeper of the newspaper in which Vora worked.
The charge sheet strengthens the prosecution case against arrested accused Deepak Sisodia and also names people who provided SIM cards to him, crime branch sources said.
"Sisodia used two mobiles phones to talk to Rohit Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya and absconding accused Nayansingh Bisht", they said, adding the charge sheet also intends to make a watertight case against Sisodia and seeks to plug the loopholes in the case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials