Jailed businessman Hasan Ali undergoes medical check-up
Mumbai: Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali
Khan, charged with money laundering and tax evasion, was
taken to JJ Hospital for medical check-up on Saturday by officials
of the Arthur Road Central Jail where he is lodged.
Khan was taken to the government-run hospital for medical
examination at 11 am in keeping with the directives of the
Bombay High Court, Arthur Road Jail Superintendent Rajendra
Dhamane said to a news agency.
The 53-year-old businessman is suffering from diabetes
and various other ailments.
Khan had moved the High Court alleging that jail
authorities were not taking him for medical check-up and had
failed to comply with the directives of the Special Court in
A High Court Bench headed by Justice PD Kode had sought
a reply from the jail officials on Khan`s plea. It then
ordered the officials to take Khan to the hospital
Enforcement Directorate (ED) had arrested Khan on March 7
on charges of tax evasion and money laundering. He was also
facing charges of depositing USD 8 billion in Zurich branch of
Union Bank of Switzerland.
ED alleged that the tainted billionaire had links with
international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?