Jaitapur N-plant to be scrapped if Sena comes to power: Uddhav
Jaitapur: Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray promised villagers here today that the Jaitapur nuclear power project would be scrapped if his party comes to power after the forthcoming elections.
"When the rest of the world is shutting down nuclear plants, why is this government so keen about the Jaitapur nuclear power project?" Sena chief Udhhav Thackeray said, addressing the nuclear power project-affected people here.
Thackeray visited the project-affected people at Sakharinate and Madban here. He spoke to fishermen Sakharinate and land owners at Madban.
"I have come here to find what is there in your mind. I have not come to purchase your mind. How many land owners have accepted compensation and how many of these are really local people? I am going to study this issue," he told people at a meeting held in the afternoon at Bhagwati temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB