Jaitapur N-plant to be scrapped if Sena comes to power: Uddhav
Jaitapur: Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray promised villagers here today that the Jaitapur nuclear power project would be scrapped if his party comes to power after the forthcoming elections.
"When the rest of the world is shutting down nuclear plants, why is this government so keen about the Jaitapur nuclear power project?" Sena chief Udhhav Thackeray said, addressing the nuclear power project-affected people here.
Thackeray visited the project-affected people at Sakharinate and Madban here. He spoke to fishermen Sakharinate and land owners at Madban.
"I have come here to find what is there in your mind. I have not come to purchase your mind. How many land owners have accepted compensation and how many of these are really local people? I am going to study this issue," he told people at a meeting held in the afternoon at Bhagwati temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?