Jalna-Aurangabad council poll: Cong candidate Jhambad wins
Aurangabad: Congress candidate Subhash Jhambad Wednesday won the Legislative Council poll from the Jalna- Aurangabad local bodies` constituency, by defeating Shiv Sena-BJP alliance`s sitting member Kishanchand Tanwani.
The counting started around 8.30 AM and the results were declared around 10 AM. Jhambad defeated Tanwani by a margin of 72 votes, officials said.
All the 471 voters, including 216 women and 255 male voters voted to elect their representative at 13 polling booths in both the districts on Monday. Hundred percent of the voters exercised their franchisee, officials said.
The process of voting at the booths was video recorded and it was the first time when micro observers were appointed for the election.
Ballot papers were used for voting that was peaceful amidst tight police security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted