Jalna-Aurangabad council poll: Cong candidate Jhambad wins
Aurangabad: Congress candidate Subhash Jhambad Wednesday won the Legislative Council poll from the Jalna- Aurangabad local bodies` constituency, by defeating Shiv Sena-BJP alliance`s sitting member Kishanchand Tanwani.
The counting started around 8.30 AM and the results were declared around 10 AM. Jhambad defeated Tanwani by a margin of 72 votes, officials said.
All the 471 voters, including 216 women and 255 male voters voted to elect their representative at 13 polling booths in both the districts on Monday. Hundred percent of the voters exercised their franchisee, officials said.
The process of voting at the booths was video recorded and it was the first time when micro observers were appointed for the election.
Ballot papers were used for voting that was peaceful amidst tight police security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH