‘Jan Lokpal will give relief to Vidarbha farmers’
Amravati: Team Anna member Arvind
Kejriwal has said that corruption was one the major factors behind farmer suicides in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and the Jan Lokpal Bill will bring relief to this distressed lot.
"Despite whooping amounts sanctioned by the government to
curb suicides in the region, it is not reaching the needy
farmers because of corruption," Kejriwal, who was here to
address a public meeting organised by People for India Forum
at Shivaji BPEd College grounds, told reporters last evening.
He further said," We are not claiming that all agrarian
crisis will end after introduction of Janlokpal bill but it
will definitely give relief to distressed farmers. I can
assure that farmers will not commit suicides."
Farmers are not getting proper price for their cotton.
The prices have been kept low deliberately, its all happening
because of corruption, he said.
On the Nagpur incident, he said the programme was held
properly but the media spread "false stories" about it.
"When I learnt that some people waived black flags I
requested volunteers to call those people who were
demonstrating at the venue but when our volunteers reached
there, police had nabbed them. Those people are also part of
our country and I wanted to talk to them but before that
police rounded them up," Kejriwal said.
He appealed media to excercise refrain or else it spoils
About the controversial blog row, Kejriwal said, "I don`t
know why Raju Parulekar made such statements. There are no
differences between Anna and me. Only he (Raju) can explain better (about the issue)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!