‘Jan Lokpal will give relief to Vidarbha farmers’
Amravati: Team Anna member Arvind
Kejriwal has said that corruption was one the major factors behind farmer suicides in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and the Jan Lokpal Bill will bring relief to this distressed lot.
"Despite whooping amounts sanctioned by the government to
curb suicides in the region, it is not reaching the needy
farmers because of corruption," Kejriwal, who was here to
address a public meeting organised by People for India Forum
at Shivaji BPEd College grounds, told reporters last evening.
He further said," We are not claiming that all agrarian
crisis will end after introduction of Janlokpal bill but it
will definitely give relief to distressed farmers. I can
assure that farmers will not commit suicides."
Farmers are not getting proper price for their cotton.
The prices have been kept low deliberately, its all happening
because of corruption, he said.
On the Nagpur incident, he said the programme was held
properly but the media spread "false stories" about it.
"When I learnt that some people waived black flags I
requested volunteers to call those people who were
demonstrating at the venue but when our volunteers reached
there, police had nabbed them. Those people are also part of
our country and I wanted to talk to them but before that
police rounded them up," Kejriwal said.
He appealed media to excercise refrain or else it spoils
About the controversial blog row, Kejriwal said, "I don`t
know why Raju Parulekar made such statements. There are no
differences between Anna and me. Only he (Raju) can explain better (about the issue)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter