JD(U) to contest all seats in Mumbai civic elections
Mumbai: Janata Dal(U), a part of NDA at
national level, on Friday announced that it will contest all the
227 seats in next year`s Mumbai Municipal Corporation polls.
Javed Raza, party general secretary in charge of Mumbai
and Maharashtra, said JD)U) plans to expand base all over the
To a question whether it will enter into an alliance with
its NDA partners Shiv Sena and BJP, Raza said a tie-up will be
possible if there is an "honourable deal".
He said his party wanted the government to ensure more
subsidies for farmers in the union budget and also see to it
that micro financing for agriculture was provided through
Janata Dal (U) will seek to know from the UPA what steps
it has taken on the issue of black money stashed in foreign
banks and also the progress of Adarsh housing scam
investigations, he said.
He said his party was firm on the Opposition`s demand for
a JPC in the 2G scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police