JD(U) to contest all seats in Mumbai civic elections
Mumbai: Janata Dal(U), a part of NDA at
national level, on Friday announced that it will contest all the
227 seats in next year`s Mumbai Municipal Corporation polls.
Javed Raza, party general secretary in charge of Mumbai
and Maharashtra, said JD)U) plans to expand base all over the
To a question whether it will enter into an alliance with
its NDA partners Shiv Sena and BJP, Raza said a tie-up will be
possible if there is an "honourable deal".
He said his party wanted the government to ensure more
subsidies for farmers in the union budget and also see to it
that micro financing for agriculture was provided through
Janata Dal (U) will seek to know from the UPA what steps
it has taken on the issue of black money stashed in foreign
banks and also the progress of Adarsh housing scam
investigations, he said.
He said his party was firm on the Opposition`s demand for
a JPC in the 2G scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML
- Meet Graham, the only human designed to survive car crash! Watch the video