Jet Airways co-pilot gets bail
Mumbai: A sessions court on Monday granted bail to a co-pilot with private air carrier Jet Airways, arrested for allegedly raping an air-hostess on several occasions since
May 2009 on the pretext of marrying her.
Varun Agarwal (27) was arrested on May 29 from the suburban domestic airport here for allegedly raping a 22-year-old air hostess, who was in a live-in relationship with him.
Additional sessions judge NP Dhote today granted Varun
bail on a surety of Rs 25,000 after accepting the accused`s
argument that his custody is no longer required by the police.
"The court has directed Varun not to leave the country
and to not tamper with evidence or interfere with the police
investigation," his lawyer Laxman Kanal said.
Varun has been booked for rape, cheating, causing hurt
and criminal intimidation.
According to the police, the accused, who joined Jet
Airways in 2006, started luring the victim since 2008, a year
after she joined the air carrier.
Varun had proposed marriage to the victim, who rejected
it several times. In 2008, she relented and agreed to his
proposal and moved into his house in May 2009. However after a
few months, Varun allegedly started assaulting her and
threatened to throw acid on her face if she left him.
The victim then approached the police and lodged a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried