Jet Airways plane makes emergency landing following bomb scare
Muscat/Mumbai: A bomb scare on board a Jet
Airways Kuwait-Mumbai flight carrying 160 people forced it to
make an emergency landing at Muscat airport today but it
turned out to be a hoax.
Omani authorities received a tip off that a bomb might be
aboard the Boeing 737-800 aircraft following which they
alerted its crew.
The crew then decided to divert to Muscat where the plane
landed safely at 1 am local time, about two-and-a-half hours
after departure from Kuwait City.
A subsequent search of the aircraft, luggage and
passengers found no trace of any explosives.
The plane later took off and landed in Mumbai at 9.40 am.
"Jet Airways flight 9W 571 from Kuwait to Mumbai today
made an unscheduled landing at Muscat following a security
incident on board. As a precautionary measure, the Boeing 737
landed in Muscat and a thorough check of baggage and cargo was
carried out," a spokesperson of the airline said.
"Safety is of paramount importance and every precaution
is taken to ensure a high standard of operational safety," she
Earlier, reports had said that it was an Air India plane
which had made the emergency landing at Muscat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf