Jet Airways to start daily direct flight to Colombo
Mumbai: Private air-carrier, Jet Airways, on Monday said that it would introduce daily direct flights to Colombo from Mumbai and Delhi, from November 5.
The airline would deploy a state-of-the-art 170-seater Boeing 737-800 aircraft, offering eight premiere and 162 economy-class seats for the service to this SAARC country, a
press release issued here stated.
The introduction of the two new flights serving Sri Lanka and India, are in addition to the existing daily Chennai -Colombo service, with which the airline launched its international operations in 2004, the release said.
"Sri Lanka is fast emerging as a highly-rated global tourism destination and we are happy to offer our guests seamless connections to several destinations across our network, through our important gateways points--Mumbai and Delhi, and at the same time strengthen air connectivity to destinations within the SAARC region," Jet Airways` CEO, Nikos Kardassis, said.
The flight 9W 256 will depart Mumbai daily at 2.10 am reaching Colombo at 4.45 am. On the return sector, flight 9W 255 will depart Colombo at 8.20 pm and reach Mumbai at 10.55 pm.
While on the Delhi-Colombo sector, flight 9W 257 will depart Delhi at 1.30 pm and arrive Colombo at 5.05 pm and on the return leg, flight 9W 258 will depart Colombo at
7.50 am and reach Delhi at 11.30 am, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city