Jet Airways to start daily direct flight to Colombo
Mumbai: Private air-carrier, Jet Airways, on Monday said that it would introduce daily direct flights to Colombo from Mumbai and Delhi, from November 5.
The airline would deploy a state-of-the-art 170-seater Boeing 737-800 aircraft, offering eight premiere and 162 economy-class seats for the service to this SAARC country, a
press release issued here stated.
The introduction of the two new flights serving Sri Lanka and India, are in addition to the existing daily Chennai -Colombo service, with which the airline launched its international operations in 2004, the release said.
"Sri Lanka is fast emerging as a highly-rated global tourism destination and we are happy to offer our guests seamless connections to several destinations across our network, through our important gateways points--Mumbai and Delhi, and at the same time strengthen air connectivity to destinations within the SAARC region," Jet Airways` CEO, Nikos Kardassis, said.
The flight 9W 256 will depart Mumbai daily at 2.10 am reaching Colombo at 4.45 am. On the return sector, flight 9W 255 will depart Colombo at 8.20 pm and reach Mumbai at 10.55 pm.
While on the Delhi-Colombo sector, flight 9W 257 will depart Delhi at 1.30 pm and arrive Colombo at 5.05 pm and on the return leg, flight 9W 258 will depart Colombo at
7.50 am and reach Delhi at 11.30 am, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them