Jet flights cause delays at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: An alert Air Traffic Controller
prevented a mishap at the city airport on Thursday evening by
directing an incoming JetLite flight to stay airborne, as
another Jet Group flight took a little longer than expected to
clear the main runway.
The incident also delayed the departure of another
JetLite flight from the city, a Jet Airways spokesperson said.
"At 1807 hrs, a JetLite flight from Nagpur was to land,
but a Bhuj-Mumbai ATR from the Jet Group was still stationed
on the main runway, forcing the ATC to ask the Mumbai-Nagpur
flight to go around.
"This led to the ATC asking another Jet Group ATR, bound
for Udaipur, to abort take off as it was on a very low speed,"
the airline official said, adding the Nagpur flight landed on
the main runway (no 27) at 1821 hrs safely.
The Udaipur flight, scheduled to take off at 1850 hrs,
left after 55 minutes` delay. A Mumbai airport official also
confirmed the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan