Jewellery shop burgled in Thane city
Thane: Unidentified persons burgled a jewellery shop here last night, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery weighing altogether about 7 kg was found to have been stolen from Punamia Jewellers, located near the Thane railway station.
The burglars probably used a gas cutter to break the locks and open the safe, police said.
The break-in apparently took place between 2 am and 3 am.
Kamlesh Srisrimal, president of Thane City Jewellers Association, said that as an act of solidarity, jewellery shops in the city remained closed this morning. He added that police were doing their job, and it was not a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city