Jewellery shop burgled in Thane city
Thane: Unidentified persons burgled a jewellery shop here last night, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery weighing altogether about 7 kg was found to have been stolen from Punamia Jewellers, located near the Thane railway station.
The burglars probably used a gas cutter to break the locks and open the safe, police said.
The break-in apparently took place between 2 am and 3 am.
Kamlesh Srisrimal, president of Thane City Jewellers Association, said that as an act of solidarity, jewellery shops in the city remained closed this morning. He added that police were doing their job, and it was not a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report