Jewellery shop burgled in Thane city
Thane: Unidentified persons burgled a jewellery shop here last night, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery weighing altogether about 7 kg was found to have been stolen from Punamia Jewellers, located near the Thane railway station.
The burglars probably used a gas cutter to break the locks and open the safe, police said.
The break-in apparently took place between 2 am and 3 am.
Kamlesh Srisrimal, president of Thane City Jewellers Association, said that as an act of solidarity, jewellery shops in the city remained closed this morning. He added that police were doing their job, and it was not a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman