Jewellery shop burgled in Thane city
Thane: Unidentified persons burgled a jewellery shop here last night, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery weighing altogether about 7 kg was found to have been stolen from Punamia Jewellers, located near the Thane railway station.
The burglars probably used a gas cutter to break the locks and open the safe, police said.
The break-in apparently took place between 2 am and 3 am.
Kamlesh Srisrimal, president of Thane City Jewellers Association, said that as an act of solidarity, jewellery shops in the city remained closed this morning. He added that police were doing their job, and it was not a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'