Jewellery shop burgled in Thane city
Thane: Unidentified persons burgled a jewellery shop here last night, police said.
Gold and silver jewellery weighing altogether about 7 kg was found to have been stolen from Punamia Jewellers, located near the Thane railway station.
The burglars probably used a gas cutter to break the locks and open the safe, police said.
The break-in apparently took place between 2 am and 3 am.
Kamlesh Srisrimal, president of Thane City Jewellers Association, said that as an act of solidarity, jewellery shops in the city remained closed this morning. He added that police were doing their job, and it was not a protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months