Jewellery shop in Vikhroli looted of Rs 45 lakh
Mumbai: Three armed robbers looted a
jewellery shop of cash, gold and silver ornaments collectively
worth over Rs 45 lakh in suburban Vikhroli on Thursday, police said.
According to police, three masked robbers wielding
choppers broke the lock of the rear shutter of Mangaldeep
jewellery shop on station road at Vikhroli and barged into it.
"The robbery took place between 3.55 am and 4.25 am
today. Two servants Dalchand Khated (46) and Prakashchand
Gujar (18) were sleeping inside the shop when the three
robbers barged into it," Deputy Police Commissioner Sanjay
The accused tied the employees and threatened them with
dire consequences, he said adding, "Khated and Gujar were not
The images captured in the CCTV show that the three
accused carried choppers and a battery, Shintre said adding,
"Gold, silver jewellery and cash were robbed from the shop."
Vikhroli Police Station assistant sub inspector, S S
Mahakal said the accused escaped with cash and jewellery
collectively worth over Rs 45 lakh.
Finger prints of the accused were obtained from the spot
and were sent to Forensic laboratory in Kalina, police said
adding that four teams have been formed to nail the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP