Jewellery shop in Vikhroli looted of Rs 45 lakh
Mumbai: Three armed robbers looted a
jewellery shop of cash, gold and silver ornaments collectively
worth over Rs 45 lakh in suburban Vikhroli on Thursday, police said.
According to police, three masked robbers wielding
choppers broke the lock of the rear shutter of Mangaldeep
jewellery shop on station road at Vikhroli and barged into it.
"The robbery took place between 3.55 am and 4.25 am
today. Two servants Dalchand Khated (46) and Prakashchand
Gujar (18) were sleeping inside the shop when the three
robbers barged into it," Deputy Police Commissioner Sanjay
The accused tied the employees and threatened them with
dire consequences, he said adding, "Khated and Gujar were not
The images captured in the CCTV show that the three
accused carried choppers and a battery, Shintre said adding,
"Gold, silver jewellery and cash were robbed from the shop."
Vikhroli Police Station assistant sub inspector, S S
Mahakal said the accused escaped with cash and jewellery
collectively worth over Rs 45 lakh.
Finger prints of the accused were obtained from the spot
and were sent to Forensic laboratory in Kalina, police said
adding that four teams have been formed to nail the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!