Jewellery shop looted in Thane
Mumbai: Three robbers on Wednesday looted a
jewellery shop of nearly Rs five lakh cash and gold ornaments
and escaped on a bike in Mira Road area in neighbouring Thane
district, police said.
Three masked robbers barged into the Gift Gold jewellery
shop in Asmita Orcade building in Mira Road this afternoon and
threatened Ramkumar Sharma and Gautam Jain, owners of the shop
of dire consequences with a revolver, they added.
Sharma and Jain were locked inside a room in the shop,
police said adding the accused subsequently took out gold
ornaments worth Rs 4.73 lakh, two mobiles worth Rs 7000 and
cash Rs 19,500.
The three were speaking in Hindi language and one of them
was brandishing a revolver, police said adding they escaped on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble