Jewellery traders found dead in Thane
Thane: Two brothers, who owned a jewellery shop in the town, were strangled to death at their residence, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in the wee hours, Police Inspector of Nalla Sopara station, Mukund Mahajan, said.
The victims have been identified as Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and his 41-year-old brother Madan, police said.
"Some unidentified persons entered the victims` house after breaking open the grill and later strangulated them using plastic straps that is used for box packaging," Mahajan said.
One of the relatives of the victims, who came to their residence to meet them, informed the police of the deaths.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that no theft was reported at the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video