Jewellery traders found dead in Thane
Thane: Two brothers, who owned a jewellery shop in the town, were strangled to death at their residence, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in the wee hours, Police Inspector of Nalla Sopara station, Mukund Mahajan, said.
The victims have been identified as Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and his 41-year-old brother Madan, police said.
"Some unidentified persons entered the victims` house after breaking open the grill and later strangulated them using plastic straps that is used for box packaging," Mahajan said.
One of the relatives of the victims, who came to their residence to meet them, informed the police of the deaths.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that no theft was reported at the residence.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank