Jewellery traders found dead in Thane
Thane: Two brothers, who owned a jewellery shop in the town, were strangled to death at their residence, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in the wee hours, Police Inspector of Nalla Sopara station, Mukund Mahajan, said.
The victims have been identified as Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and his 41-year-old brother Madan, police said.
"Some unidentified persons entered the victims` house after breaking open the grill and later strangulated them using plastic straps that is used for box packaging," Mahajan said.
One of the relatives of the victims, who came to their residence to meet them, informed the police of the deaths.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that no theft was reported at the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'