Jewellery traders found dead in Thane
Thane: Two brothers, who owned a jewellery shop in the town, were strangled to death at their residence, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in the wee hours, Police Inspector of Nalla Sopara station, Mukund Mahajan, said.
The victims have been identified as Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and his 41-year-old brother Madan, police said.
"Some unidentified persons entered the victims` house after breaking open the grill and later strangulated them using plastic straps that is used for box packaging," Mahajan said.
One of the relatives of the victims, who came to their residence to meet them, informed the police of the deaths.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that no theft was reported at the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read