Jewellery traders found dead in Thane
Thane: Two brothers, who owned a jewellery shop in the town, were strangled to death at their residence, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in the wee hours, Police Inspector of Nalla Sopara station, Mukund Mahajan, said.
The victims have been identified as Dinesh Narayan Sonik Mandora (27) and his 41-year-old brother Madan, police said.
"Some unidentified persons entered the victims` house after breaking open the grill and later strangulated them using plastic straps that is used for box packaging," Mahajan said.
One of the relatives of the victims, who came to their residence to meet them, informed the police of the deaths.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said, adding that no theft was reported at the residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- LeJ terrorists involved in Lanka cricket team attack killed
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat