Jigna Vora still in prison, bail formalities not over
Mumbai: Three days after journalist Jigna Vora got bail in the case related to murder of fellow scribe Jyotirmoy Dey, she is yet to come out of prison, as formalities were not complete by this evening.
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) Court, on July 27, granted bail to Vora; eight months after she was arrested for alleged complicity in Dey`s murder.
The Mumbai Press Club, in a statement today, welcomed the bail order and criticised Mumbai police in strong words. "The order vindicates the stand taken by the Press Club that crime reporter Vora had become a victim of the machinations of the Mumbai Police in `Operation Cover Up` after the slaying of senior journalist J Dey," it said.
Dey was killed, allegedly by the members of Chhota Rajan gang, on June 11, 2011. Following this, there was an outcry in the media about law and order situation and ham-handed investigation of the case, the Press Club said, adding that "by arresting Vora, the police seemed to be saying: "See, it was one of you. Don`t blame us", and now the "wheel had turned a full circle".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 to be freed
- One of 9 militants killed in Dhaka raid is 'missing' varsity student
- Cabinet approves AIIMS in Bhatinda
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results