Jigna Vora still in prison, bail formalities not over
Mumbai: Three days after journalist Jigna Vora got bail in the case related to murder of fellow scribe Jyotirmoy Dey, she is yet to come out of prison, as formalities were not complete by this evening.
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) Court, on July 27, granted bail to Vora; eight months after she was arrested for alleged complicity in Dey`s murder.
The Mumbai Press Club, in a statement today, welcomed the bail order and criticised Mumbai police in strong words. "The order vindicates the stand taken by the Press Club that crime reporter Vora had become a victim of the machinations of the Mumbai Police in `Operation Cover Up` after the slaying of senior journalist J Dey," it said.
Dey was killed, allegedly by the members of Chhota Rajan gang, on June 11, 2011. Following this, there was an outcry in the media about law and order situation and ham-handed investigation of the case, the Press Club said, adding that "by arresting Vora, the police seemed to be saying: "See, it was one of you. Don`t blame us", and now the "wheel had turned a full circle".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you