Jilted lover attacks girlfriend, attempts suicide
Thane: A jilted lover allegedly attacked a girl with a blade and later consumed poison in Kopri area of Thane city, police said on Tuesday.
While the 25-year-old woman was returning home from work at around 9.45 PM yesterday, her male friend - Narendra Kave - confronted her near the railway bridge crossing and slashed several of her body parts with a blade, police said.
Later, in an attempt to end his own life, Kave, also around 25 years of age, consumed poison.
Both were residents of Kopri colony in Thane and the woman had broken off with the accused sometime back.
Both of them have been hospitalised and were reported to be out of danger, police said.
An offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) has been registered against the accused.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police