Jilted lover attacks girlfriend, attempts suicide
Thane: A jilted lover allegedly attacked a girl with a blade and later consumed poison in Kopri area of Thane city, police said on Tuesday.
While the 25-year-old woman was returning home from work at around 9.45 PM yesterday, her male friend - Narendra Kave - confronted her near the railway bridge crossing and slashed several of her body parts with a blade, police said.
Later, in an attempt to end his own life, Kave, also around 25 years of age, consumed poison.
Both were residents of Kopri colony in Thane and the woman had broken off with the accused sometime back.
Both of them have been hospitalised and were reported to be out of danger, police said.
An offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) has been registered against the accused.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites