Jilted lover attacks girlfriend, attempts suicide
Thane: A jilted lover allegedly attacked a girl with a blade and later consumed poison in Kopri area of Thane city, police said on Tuesday.
While the 25-year-old woman was returning home from work at around 9.45 PM yesterday, her male friend - Narendra Kave - confronted her near the railway bridge crossing and slashed several of her body parts with a blade, police said.
Later, in an attempt to end his own life, Kave, also around 25 years of age, consumed poison.
Both were residents of Kopri colony in Thane and the woman had broken off with the accused sometime back.
Both of them have been hospitalised and were reported to be out of danger, police said.
An offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) has been registered against the accused.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured