Jilted lover attacks girlfriend, attempts suicide
Thane: A jilted lover allegedly attacked a girl with a blade and later consumed poison in Kopri area of Thane city, police said on Tuesday.
While the 25-year-old woman was returning home from work at around 9.45 PM yesterday, her male friend - Narendra Kave - confronted her near the railway bridge crossing and slashed several of her body parts with a blade, police said.
Later, in an attempt to end his own life, Kave, also around 25 years of age, consumed poison.
Both were residents of Kopri colony in Thane and the woman had broken off with the accused sometime back.
Both of them have been hospitalised and were reported to be out of danger, police said.
An offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) has been registered against the accused.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati