Jilted lover attacks girlfriend, attempts suicide
Thane: A jilted lover allegedly attacked a girl with a blade and later consumed poison in Kopri area of Thane city, police said on Tuesday.
While the 25-year-old woman was returning home from work at around 9.45 PM yesterday, her male friend - Narendra Kave - confronted her near the railway bridge crossing and slashed several of her body parts with a blade, police said.
Later, in an attempt to end his own life, Kave, also around 25 years of age, consumed poison.
Both were residents of Kopri colony in Thane and the woman had broken off with the accused sometime back.
Both of them have been hospitalised and were reported to be out of danger, police said.
An offence under section 307 (attempt to murder) has been registered against the accused.
Further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'