Jilted lover kills girl`s father in Nagpur
Nagpur: A jilted lover allegedly shot dead a retired professor in the wee hours Wednesday and left his middle-aged wife seriously injured after attacking her with a knife near Manewada here, police said.
The incident took place in Shrikrishna Nagar in South city area around 1.30 am.
Assailant Ankwar Khan, who was in love with the daughter of the deceased professor, Yogesh Dakhode shot him point blank with a pistol.
Later, he also attacked Dakhode`s wife Kusum with a knife. She was rushed to a nearby private hospital, they said.
According to police, Khan, who is a mechanic, was turned down as a suitor by the professor`s family as their daughter was highly qualified.
Following this, he decided to eliminate her father whom he thought was a stumbling block in their marriage.
Khan has been arrested and offences under relevant section of IPC were registered against him, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 225 killed or missing in China rains; protests break out
- Police pressuring woman to give false statement against Amanantullah Khan: AAP
- Turkey detains Gulen`s nephew after coup attempt: Report
- UP: BJP protest for Naseemuddin Siddiqui's arrest, Dayashankar Singh's re-induction
- Discontinue pellet guns, says J&K HC citing Rajnath's statement