JNU student among three arrested in anti-Naxal operation
Gadchiroli: Three persons were arrested for alleged links with ultras after they were found moving in a suspicious manner in the Naxal infested Aheri taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said on Sunday.
Out of the three arrested yesterday, one was identified as Hem Mishra (32), hailing from Almora in Uttarakhand who was a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi, and allegedly associated with Maoists activities, they said.
The other two arrested were identified as Pandu Pora Narote (27) and Mahesh Karamchand Tirki (32), both from Morewada village in Etapalli taluka of the district.
During preliminary investigation, police found them in possession of a micro chip containing some vital information and secret documents allegedly meant to the handed over to senior naxal cadre, police said.
After their arrests yesterday, the three were produced before a local court which remanded them in police custody for ten days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory