JNU student among three arrested in anti-Naxal operation
Gadchiroli: Three persons were arrested for alleged links with ultras after they were found moving in a suspicious manner in the Naxal infested Aheri taluka of Gadchiroli district, police said on Sunday.
Out of the three arrested yesterday, one was identified as Hem Mishra (32), hailing from Almora in Uttarakhand who was a student of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) New Delhi, and allegedly associated with Maoists activities, they said.
The other two arrested were identified as Pandu Pora Narote (27) and Mahesh Karamchand Tirki (32), both from Morewada village in Etapalli taluka of the district.
During preliminary investigation, police found them in possession of a micro chip containing some vital information and secret documents allegedly meant to the handed over to senior naxal cadre, police said.
After their arrests yesterday, the three were produced before a local court which remanded them in police custody for ten days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened