Joint tours of drought-affected areas with Chavan soon: Ajit Pawar
Solapur: Clearing the air over alleged differences between him and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Sunday said both of them would soon undertake joint tours of the drought affected regions in Maharashtra.
"The drought situation is grim and our preference is to control it with joint efforts," he said, adding that both of them would jointly tour the affected areas of Maharashtra to take stock of the situation.
He also appealed to the media not to speculate over his alleged differences with Chavan.
"We are focused on tackling the drought situation in the state by gearing up the administration on war-footing," Pawar said.
Providing drinking water in the drought-affected regions would be accorded top priority, followed by irrigation, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living