Joint tours of drought-affected areas with Chavan soon: Ajit Pawar
Solapur: Clearing the air over alleged differences between him and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Sunday said both of them would soon undertake joint tours of the drought affected regions in Maharashtra.
"The drought situation is grim and our preference is to control it with joint efforts," he said, adding that both of them would jointly tour the affected areas of Maharashtra to take stock of the situation.
He also appealed to the media not to speculate over his alleged differences with Chavan.
"We are focused on tackling the drought situation in the state by gearing up the administration on war-footing," Pawar said.
Providing drinking water in the drought-affected regions would be accorded top priority, followed by irrigation, he added.
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!