Joint tours of drought-affected areas with Chavan soon: Ajit Pawar
Solapur: Clearing the air over alleged differences between him and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Sunday said both of them would soon undertake joint tours of the drought affected regions in Maharashtra.
"The drought situation is grim and our preference is to control it with joint efforts," he said, adding that both of them would jointly tour the affected areas of Maharashtra to take stock of the situation.
He also appealed to the media not to speculate over his alleged differences with Chavan.
"We are focused on tackling the drought situation in the state by gearing up the administration on war-footing," Pawar said.
Providing drinking water in the drought-affected regions would be accorded top priority, followed by irrigation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH