Journalist gang-rape: One more cellphone of accused recovered
Mumbai: Mumbai police, probing the gang-rape case of a 23-year-old photojournalist, has recovered one more mobile phone that was carried by one of the accused at the time of the crime, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"A mobile phone of arrested accused Kasim Bengali has been seized. It had been sold by him to a person, who also sold the same to a third party. We have recovered the phone from the purchaser," the official told without divulging further details.
Police had earlier recovered a mobile phone used by another arrested accused Salim Ansari.
According to police, Ansari had clicked a photograph of the victim using his phone after the sexual assault and later deleted it on the night of the crime itself. Forensic experts are trying to retrieve the photo.
The victim was gang-raped on August 22 evening when she had gone to the Shakti Mills compound with a male colleague on an assignment.
All five accused - Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Chand Babu Sattar Shaikh, Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali and Siraj Rehman Khan - were arrested and are currently in the custody of crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state