Journalist gang-rape: One more cellphone of accused recovered
Mumbai: Mumbai police, probing the gang-rape case of a 23-year-old photojournalist, has recovered one more mobile phone that was carried by one of the accused at the time of the crime, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"A mobile phone of arrested accused Kasim Bengali has been seized. It had been sold by him to a person, who also sold the same to a third party. We have recovered the phone from the purchaser," the official told without divulging further details.
Police had earlier recovered a mobile phone used by another arrested accused Salim Ansari.
According to police, Ansari had clicked a photograph of the victim using his phone after the sexual assault and later deleted it on the night of the crime itself. Forensic experts are trying to retrieve the photo.
The victim was gang-raped on August 22 evening when she had gone to the Shakti Mills compound with a male colleague on an assignment.
All five accused - Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Chand Babu Sattar Shaikh, Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali and Siraj Rehman Khan - were arrested and are currently in the custody of crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti