Judicial commission inspects Adarsh Society
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government-appointed
judicial commission, which is probing irregularities in the
grant of various permissions to the controversial Adarsh
Housing Society, on Wednesday visited the 31-storey building in south
The commission is headed by former Bombay High Court
Judge J A Patil, and includes former Maharashtra Chief
Secretary, P Subramanian as a member.
The officials from various state government departments,
Defence Ministry, and civic bodies accompanied the commission.
"We visited Adarsh to see the ground realities," Justice
Patil told reporters afterwards.
The inspection went on for two and half hours. The
officials took various measurements at the building and
surrounding premises. They also measured the adjacent Prakash
Pethe Road which was allegedly cut down for the sake of the
"We examined the flats, car parking, and few other things
and also spoke to the society members including the secretary
and the chairman," Patil said.
Ashok Patel, a society member, said all the members
cooperated with the commission and provided the required
The controversy about the building had forced the then
Maharashtra Chief Minister, Ashok Chavan, to resign last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400