Judicial commission inspects Adarsh Society
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government-appointed
judicial commission, which is probing irregularities in the
grant of various permissions to the controversial Adarsh
Housing Society, on Wednesday visited the 31-storey building in south
The commission is headed by former Bombay High Court
Judge J A Patil, and includes former Maharashtra Chief
Secretary, P Subramanian as a member.
The officials from various state government departments,
Defence Ministry, and civic bodies accompanied the commission.
"We visited Adarsh to see the ground realities," Justice
Patil told reporters afterwards.
The inspection went on for two and half hours. The
officials took various measurements at the building and
surrounding premises. They also measured the adjacent Prakash
Pethe Road which was allegedly cut down for the sake of the
"We examined the flats, car parking, and few other things
and also spoke to the society members including the secretary
and the chairman," Patil said.
Ashok Patel, a society member, said all the members
cooperated with the commission and provided the required
The controversy about the building had forced the then
Maharashtra Chief Minister, Ashok Chavan, to resign last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?