Jundal arrest: `Marathwada becoming Pakistan’
Mumbai: Marathwada region, from where the arrested LeT handler of 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack, Abu Jundal hails, is fast becoming the "new Pakistan", Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray said on Wednesday.
"Marathwada, which was earlier known as the land of saints, is now becoming the land of terrorists," the Sena patriarch said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
In the last five-six years, the connection of any terrorist act anywhere in the country reaches Marathwada, which has become a recruitment centre of terrorists, only due to the lackadaisical functioning of the government and the home department, he claimed.
Be it the Ghatkopar blasts, German Bakery blast, Gujarat blast, the terrorists involved belonged to Marathwada, Thackeray said. "The new Pakistan that is emerging in Marathwada is dangerous not only for Maharashtra but for the country."
The Sena chief also wondered what the Mumbai Police was doing to counter the threats. "What does the intelligence department of police do, is a puzzle...," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands