Jundal arrest: `Marathwada becoming Pakistan’
Mumbai: Marathwada region, from where the arrested LeT handler of 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack, Abu Jundal hails, is fast becoming the "new Pakistan", Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray said on Wednesday.
"Marathwada, which was earlier known as the land of saints, is now becoming the land of terrorists," the Sena patriarch said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
In the last five-six years, the connection of any terrorist act anywhere in the country reaches Marathwada, which has become a recruitment centre of terrorists, only due to the lackadaisical functioning of the government and the home department, he claimed.
Be it the Ghatkopar blasts, German Bakery blast, Gujarat blast, the terrorists involved belonged to Marathwada, Thackeray said. "The new Pakistan that is emerging in Marathwada is dangerous not only for Maharashtra but for the country."
The Sena chief also wondered what the Mumbai Police was doing to counter the threats. "What does the intelligence department of police do, is a puzzle...," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends