Jundal says `hallucinating` about Kasab, court asks medical report
Mumbai: The special MCOCA court today directed Arthur Road jail to file a report on the medical condition of key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal on his plea that he was `hallucinating` about hanged terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
"Jundal had filed an application in the court saying he was mentally disturbed when detained in Saudi Arabia last year and was on medication when lodged in Tihar jail. He also said that Kasab was appearing in his dreams," defence lawyer Ejaz Naqvi said, adding Jundal also complained of backache.
Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal is being tried in the MCOCA court for his alleged role in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
"A reply filed on Jundal`s condition by the jailer today said that he was perfectly well. However, the court asked for Jundal`s medical reports tomorrow", Naqvi said.
The MCOCA court last month began trial in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case in which Jundal is among the 22 accused.
Maharashtra ATS team had chased a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad, arrested three terror suspects and seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets on May 8, 2006.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal, who managed to give police the slip at that time. Hailing from Beed district of Maharashtra, Jundal then allegedly drove to Malegaon and handed over the vehicle to an acquaintance.
In May 2006, Jundal escaped to Bangladesh from where he fled to Pakistan on a fake passport obtained with the help of LeT operatives, according to the crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand