Jundal sent money twice while in Saudi Arabia: Chargesheet
Mumbai: LeT operative and a key 26/11 Mumbai attack handler Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal sent money to India at least twice after the Mumbai attack, the chargehseet filed against him in another case here says.
Jundal is an accused in Aurangabad arms haul case here.
According to police, Jundal had gone to Dhaka in May, 2006 and from there he reached Pakistan on a Pakistan International Airlines flight without any valid document. Pakistani authorities "kicked" him to Saudi Arabia later due to heightened international pressure to act against the perpetrators of 26/11 attacks.
According to the statement of one of the relatives of Jundal, who is a witness in the arms haul case, he had met Jundal while on a pilgrimage to Haj in November 2010. The witness told police that Jundal gave him 4,100 Saudi Riyals, to give it to a person in his native Beed, in Maharashtra. Jundal also gave a note, which said `Please forgive me for the inconvenience caused to you and accept the money`.
"While the note got destroyed, I spent the money. I told this to Jundal and said I will return the money but Jundal asked me to keep the money," said this witness.
A month later, Jundal had met another relative at a hotel in Saudi Arabia. Jundal gave him around 4,000 Riyals and asked him to go to Aurangabad and give it to the brother of Sayyed Ahmed, one of the accused in arms haul case.
This witness could not find Ahmed`s brother at Aurangabad. "When I informed Jundal, he asked me to give the money to another person who runs a grocery store." But the storeowner later told the witness that Ahmed`s brother had refused to take the money, saying "we are already under mental trauma...I don`t want this money".
On May 8, 2006, a Maharashtra ATS team chased a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway and arrested three persons and seized 30kg of RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets. The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal, who managed to give police the slip, and fled to Bangladesh.
Jundal`s trial will be clubbed with that of the 21 others who were arrested earlier in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'