`Jundal used fake email IDs, SIM cards in Saudi`
Mumbai: The LeT operative Sayed Ansari alias Abu Jundal has revealed that he had used four email addresses and 10 international SIM cards while he was hiding in Saudi Arabia, where he was also given a task of recruiting young men into the terror outfit, police said.
"Jundal said that he managed to hide in Saudi Arabia for a good period of time as he used different SIM cards and email addresses, in fake names," a police official said.
"Jundal stated he had used at least four email addresses and 10 international SIM cards -- all in fake names -- to hoodwink security agencies and remain in touch with his LeT operatives in Pakistan," the official said.
Jundal did not want to move to Saudi but the LeT bosses insisted him to operate from there after his name surfaced following revelation by Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab during the trial of the 26/11 attacks, according to the police.
Jundal was arrested in the 26/11 case on July 21 after he was brought here from Delhi where he was apprehended in an another case.
The 26/11 key handler is also required in other cases in Maharashtra such as the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 2010 German Bakery blast and the plan to attack Nashik Police Academy. However, his custody in these cases would be taken after police question him in the terror attack case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt