`Jundal used fake email IDs, SIM cards in Saudi`
Mumbai: The LeT operative Sayed Ansari alias Abu Jundal has revealed that he had used four email addresses and 10 international SIM cards while he was hiding in Saudi Arabia, where he was also given a task of recruiting young men into the terror outfit, police said.
"Jundal said that he managed to hide in Saudi Arabia for a good period of time as he used different SIM cards and email addresses, in fake names," a police official said.
"Jundal stated he had used at least four email addresses and 10 international SIM cards -- all in fake names -- to hoodwink security agencies and remain in touch with his LeT operatives in Pakistan," the official said.
Jundal did not want to move to Saudi but the LeT bosses insisted him to operate from there after his name surfaced following revelation by Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab during the trial of the 26/11 attacks, according to the police.
Jundal was arrested in the 26/11 case on July 21 after he was brought here from Delhi where he was apprehended in an another case.
The 26/11 key handler is also required in other cases in Maharashtra such as the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 2010 German Bakery blast and the plan to attack Nashik Police Academy. However, his custody in these cases would be taken after police question him in the terror attack case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook