Jundal`s mother: Family`s DNA samples never taken
Beed: Amid reports that Saudi Arabia deported Abu Jundal after being convinced of his identity through a DNA test, the 26/11 Mumbai attack handler`s mother on Thursday claimed their samples were never collected.
"Our (Rehana and her husband Zakiuddin`s) DNA test was never done," Rehana Begum, the mother of Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal told reporters.
Jundal, believed to be one of the handlers of 26/11 terrorists who gave instructions to them from a control room in Karachi during the attack, was arrested by Delhi Police after he was deported from Saudi Arabia on India`s request.
Asked if their DNA samples were taken anytime in the last 5-6 years, Rehana replied in the negative.
When quizzed about the first case lodged against Jundal in 2003 in which he allegedly stabbed and attempted to burn a woman, she said, "We do not know anything about it."
Asked about Jundal`s alleged involvement in terrorism, Rehana said, "We want a proper investigation to be done."
"Where would we have searched for him," was her terse reply when asked why did the family not try to trace him after he went missing following the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul in which a huge cache of AK 47 rifles and explosives were seized.
Pointing out the difference in the earlier and recent photographs of Jundal released in the media, Rehana said she could not believe that those were her son`s photos.
Meanwhile, police are keeping a strict vigil outside Jundal`s house in Hatti Khana locality here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days