Jundal`s mother: Family`s DNA samples never taken
Beed: Amid reports that Saudi Arabia deported Abu Jundal after being convinced of his identity through a DNA test, the 26/11 Mumbai attack handler`s mother on Thursday claimed their samples were never collected.
"Our (Rehana and her husband Zakiuddin`s) DNA test was never done," Rehana Begum, the mother of Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal told reporters.
Jundal, believed to be one of the handlers of 26/11 terrorists who gave instructions to them from a control room in Karachi during the attack, was arrested by Delhi Police after he was deported from Saudi Arabia on India`s request.
Asked if their DNA samples were taken anytime in the last 5-6 years, Rehana replied in the negative.
When quizzed about the first case lodged against Jundal in 2003 in which he allegedly stabbed and attempted to burn a woman, she said, "We do not know anything about it."
Asked about Jundal`s alleged involvement in terrorism, Rehana said, "We want a proper investigation to be done."
"Where would we have searched for him," was her terse reply when asked why did the family not try to trace him after he went missing following the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul in which a huge cache of AK 47 rifles and explosives were seized.
Pointing out the difference in the earlier and recent photographs of Jundal released in the media, Rehana said she could not believe that those were her son`s photos.
Meanwhile, police are keeping a strict vigil outside Jundal`s house in Hatti Khana locality here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional