Jundal`s police custody extended till September 3
Mumbai: A special court on Friday extended the police custody of the LeT operative and key 26/11 handler Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal till September 3 in connection with the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
The Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) told the MCOCA court that Jundal was the main accused in the case and they were on the look out for other accused who were absconding.
Meanwhile, the court today rejected Jundal`s request to talk to his parents. He was earlier allowed to speak to his parents over the phone.
The court rejected his request after ATS told the court that they could not let Jundal speak to his parents frequently for security reasons.
"This time you cannot speak to your parents... Next time we will see," said special MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act), judge S M Modak.
Jundal was brought to Mumbai on July 21 after a Delhi court handed over his custody to the ATS, which wanted him in connection with a series of terror-related crimes in Maharashtra. The ATS had, however, allowed Mumbai crime branch to secure his custody in the 26/11 case.
On May 8, 2006, Maharashtra ATS team had chased a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad and arrested three terror suspects and seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal, who managed to give police the slip that day. Later, he escaped to Bangladesh from where he fled to Pakistan on a fake passport obtained with the help of LeT operatives, according to the crime branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj