Jundal`s trial in 26/11 case to start from May 4
Mumbai: The trial of suspected LeT operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case will start here from May 4.
"The sessions court (which is conducting the trial) today issued production warrant against him," said a crime branch official.
Mumbai crime branch took Jundal`s custody from Delhi police in the 26/11 case on July 21, 2012, and filed chargesheet in October. The chargesheet says he was a key conspirator who was in the `control room` in Pakistan during the attacks and gave instructions to the terrorists.
A native of Beed in Maharashtra, Jundal was arrested in Delhi following his deportation from Saudi Arabia in June 2012. Currently he is at Arthur Road jail here.
Mumbai terror attacks of November 2008 left 166 dead and many more injured. The chargesheet speaks about Jundal`s training in Pakistan, preparations for attack, LeT hierarchy, the precise roles played those involved, etc.
According to Jundal`s confession, LeT training camps enjoyed full support from local, federal police and para-military organisations in Pakistan.
According to crime branch, after fleeing Maharashtra in May 2006, Jundal went to Bangladesh. Pakistani agency ISI facilitated his travel to Pakistan.
In Maharashtra, Jundal is also accused of involvement in Aurangabad Arms Haul case of 2006, German Bakery blast case in Pune, and Nashik Police Academy attack conspiracy case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report