Kadam moves breach of privilege motion against Maha CM
Mumbai: Flaying Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan for not conveying the resolution of the Legislative Council declaring disputed Karnataka region as a Union Territory to the Prime Minister, Shiv Sena MLC Ramdas Kadam Friday moved a breach of privilege motion against him.
"The resolution to declare disputed region as a Union Territory was passed by the House. However, the same was not presented in Delhi before the Prime Minister and thus I move a breach of privilege motion against the Chief Minister," Kadam informed the Council.
Kadam said Chavan insulted Marathi people in Karnataka by backing from the resolution.
It was decided by the House to raise a demand to convert the region into Union Territory till Supreme Court gives a decision on the issue, then how can the Chief Minister change
his stand, Kadam asked.
The Sena leader had intimated Chavan and the Chairman of the House about moving the motion.
Kadma was referring to the all-party delegation that called on the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday in Delhi to discuss Maharashtra-Karnataka border row.
A day before the meet, Chavan said in the Council that the disputed region of Karnataka be made an Union Territory till the Supreme Court settles the issue between the two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa