Kalawati`s debt-ridden son-in-law commits suicide
Nagpur: Son-in-law of Kalawati Bandurkar, a
widow who became the face of farmers` distress in Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi`s speech in Parliament, allegedly
committed suicide afted he failed to repay his debt.
Sanjay Kadaskar (25), husband of Kalawati`s youngest
daughter Sangeeta, committed suicide on Thursday by consuming
pesticide at his home in Yavatmal district, an NGO Vidarbha
Janandolan Samiti president Kishore Tiwari said today.
A native of Kathdoda, Kadaskar, who works as an auto
driver, chose death after his crops in 4.5 acres suffered
badly due to untimely rains and failed to repay the loan he
took for an auto-rickshaw, Tiwari said.
Gandhi had met Kalawati during a visit to Vidarbha and
later referred to her poor condition in his speech during the
debate on trust vote in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days