Kalawati`s debt-ridden son-in-law commits suicide
Nagpur: Son-in-law of Kalawati Bandurkar, a
widow who became the face of farmers` distress in Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi`s speech in Parliament, allegedly
committed suicide afted he failed to repay his debt.
Sanjay Kadaskar (25), husband of Kalawati`s youngest
daughter Sangeeta, committed suicide on Thursday by consuming
pesticide at his home in Yavatmal district, an NGO Vidarbha
Janandolan Samiti president Kishore Tiwari said today.
A native of Kathdoda, Kadaskar, who works as an auto
driver, chose death after his crops in 4.5 acres suffered
badly due to untimely rains and failed to repay the loan he
took for an auto-rickshaw, Tiwari said.
Gandhi had met Kalawati during a visit to Vidarbha and
later referred to her poor condition in his speech during the
debate on trust vote in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas