Kamat wants Chavan to reconsider LBT
Mumbai: Former Union Minister Gurudas Kamat has requested Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to review imposition of the Local Body Tax (LBT), in view of the tremendous opposition from the trading community.
He has signed a petition to the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to intervene in the matter and find a solution acceptable to both the government and the traders, Kamat said here today.
A large number of trading community representatives have been meeting him during the last fortnight, he said.
Kamat said he spoke to the Chief Minister on Sunday and also sent a petition to Gandhi.
"An urgent solution must be found where the municipal corporation does get the required revenue without causing hardships. `Inspector Raj` will only head to further corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'