Kamat wants Chavan to reconsider LBT
Mumbai: Former Union Minister Gurudas Kamat has requested Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to review imposition of the Local Body Tax (LBT), in view of the tremendous opposition from the trading community.
He has signed a petition to the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to intervene in the matter and find a solution acceptable to both the government and the traders, Kamat said here today.
A large number of trading community representatives have been meeting him during the last fortnight, he said.
Kamat said he spoke to the Chief Minister on Sunday and also sent a petition to Gandhi.
"An urgent solution must be found where the municipal corporation does get the required revenue without causing hardships. `Inspector Raj` will only head to further corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy