Kasab death penalty process should be completed soon: Shinde
Mumbai: The process related to executing the death sentence awarded to 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab should be completed as early as possible, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on tuesday.
"When the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence, I had said that the process be completed as early as possible," he said when asked by reporters here about Kasab moving a mercy petition before the President.
He did not say anything specific about the mercy petition moved by the Pakistani terrorist after the Supreme Court upheld his death sentence in 26/11 late last month, and demand made by political parties, including Shiv Sena, that the plea be rejected within 24 hours.
Asked about Telangana, Shinde said the issue is being discussed internally.
"The process of discussions with leaders is in progress. A decision will be taken at a proper time," he said without elaborating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter