Kasab death penalty process should be completed soon: Shinde
Mumbai: The process related to executing the death sentence awarded to 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab should be completed as early as possible, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on tuesday.
"When the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence, I had said that the process be completed as early as possible," he said when asked by reporters here about Kasab moving a mercy petition before the President.
He did not say anything specific about the mercy petition moved by the Pakistani terrorist after the Supreme Court upheld his death sentence in 26/11 late last month, and demand made by political parties, including Shiv Sena, that the plea be rejected within 24 hours.
Asked about Telangana, Shinde said the issue is being discussed internally.
"The process of discussions with leaders is in progress. A decision will be taken at a proper time," he said without elaborating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands