Kasab death penalty process should be completed soon: Shinde
Mumbai: The process related to executing the death sentence awarded to 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab should be completed as early as possible, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on tuesday.
"When the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence, I had said that the process be completed as early as possible," he said when asked by reporters here about Kasab moving a mercy petition before the President.
He did not say anything specific about the mercy petition moved by the Pakistani terrorist after the Supreme Court upheld his death sentence in 26/11 late last month, and demand made by political parties, including Shiv Sena, that the plea be rejected within 24 hours.
Asked about Telangana, Shinde said the issue is being discussed internally.
"The process of discussions with leaders is in progress. A decision will be taken at a proper time," he said without elaborating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II