Kasab death penalty process should be completed soon: Shinde
Mumbai: The process related to executing the death sentence awarded to 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab should be completed as early as possible, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on tuesday.
"When the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence, I had said that the process be completed as early as possible," he said when asked by reporters here about Kasab moving a mercy petition before the President.
He did not say anything specific about the mercy petition moved by the Pakistani terrorist after the Supreme Court upheld his death sentence in 26/11 late last month, and demand made by political parties, including Shiv Sena, that the plea be rejected within 24 hours.
Asked about Telangana, Shinde said the issue is being discussed internally.
"The process of discussions with leaders is in progress. A decision will be taken at a proper time," he said without elaborating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS