Kasab surprised not shocked to see Jundal in his cell
Mumbai: Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving gunman of 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was surprised but not shocked when confronted with co-accused Abu Jundal at high security Arthur Road jail yesterday, police said on Friday.
"How a student reacts seeing his teacher after a long time? Kasab was not shocked. Or rather we could say he was surprised to see Jundal...," said a crime branch official, who was part of the team of a dozen present during the encounter.
According to sources, Deputy Police Commissioner (Crime Branch) Ambadas Pote asked a volley of questions as Kasab and Jundal sat facing each other inside the bomb-proof cell monitored by the CCTVs.
"We got what we wanted and that includes Kasab identifying Jundal. Kasab also stated Jundal taught him Hindi during the terror training in Pakistan, looking straight into his teacher`s eyes," the official said.
The interrogation was stopped for sometime as the duo wanted to offer evening prayers, the official said.
Nearly four years after the 26/11 attacks, Kasab was yesterday brought face to face with Jundal after the latter reportedly told his interrogators that he was one of the handlers of the 26/11 Pakistani terrorists whom he also taught Hindi and apprised of the topography of targets.
The mayhem unleashed by Kasab and nine others in Mumbai left 166 dead and many more injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know