Katangikala Congress village council member murdered
Gondia: In a sensational incident, sitting Katangikala village council member of the Congress, Ajit Prabhudayal Singh was murdered in full public view by one Brijlal alias
Pandya Fatesingh Banote during a funeral, on Tuesday noon, the police said.
The police has arrested the accused, but the motive behind the murder couldn`t be ascertained.
The deceased, Ajit Singh (55), a Gondia resident and sitting village council (gram panchayat) member of the Congress from Katangikala, had gone to attend the funeral of one Chaitram Nandne on Tuesday noon.
According to eyewitnesses, Singh stood with other people, when suddenly the accused came from behind and attacked his head with an axe, killing him on-the-spot.
Villagers suspect some rivalry between the two, while the Ramnagar police has registered a case under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India