Katangikala Congress village council member murdered
Gondia: In a sensational incident, sitting Katangikala village council member of the Congress, Ajit Prabhudayal Singh was murdered in full public view by one Brijlal alias
Pandya Fatesingh Banote during a funeral, on Tuesday noon, the police said.
The police has arrested the accused, but the motive behind the murder couldn`t be ascertained.
The deceased, Ajit Singh (55), a Gondia resident and sitting village council (gram panchayat) member of the Congress from Katangikala, had gone to attend the funeral of one Chaitram Nandne on Tuesday noon.
According to eyewitnesses, Singh stood with other people, when suddenly the accused came from behind and attacked his head with an axe, killing him on-the-spot.
Villagers suspect some rivalry between the two, while the Ramnagar police has registered a case under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city