Katangikala Congress village council member murdered
Gondia: In a sensational incident, sitting Katangikala village council member of the Congress, Ajit Prabhudayal Singh was murdered in full public view by one Brijlal alias
Pandya Fatesingh Banote during a funeral, on Tuesday noon, the police said.
The police has arrested the accused, but the motive behind the murder couldn`t be ascertained.
The deceased, Ajit Singh (55), a Gondia resident and sitting village council (gram panchayat) member of the Congress from Katangikala, had gone to attend the funeral of one Chaitram Nandne on Tuesday noon.
According to eyewitnesses, Singh stood with other people, when suddenly the accused came from behind and attacked his head with an axe, killing him on-the-spot.
Villagers suspect some rivalry between the two, while the Ramnagar police has registered a case under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Do you know what is the FIRST thing Salman Khan asks when he meets someone? Click here
- Salem woman's suicide case: Tamil Nadu Police arrests man for uploading morphed pictures of victim on Facebook
- ISIS terror module busted in Hyderabad; religious places were main targets, claims NIA
- Fed up of shifting matches, BCCI plans to build own stadium in Delhi: Report