Katangikala Congress village council member murdered
Gondia: In a sensational incident, sitting Katangikala village council member of the Congress, Ajit Prabhudayal Singh was murdered in full public view by one Brijlal alias
Pandya Fatesingh Banote during a funeral, on Tuesday noon, the police said.
The police has arrested the accused, but the motive behind the murder couldn`t be ascertained.
The deceased, Ajit Singh (55), a Gondia resident and sitting village council (gram panchayat) member of the Congress from Katangikala, had gone to attend the funeral of one Chaitram Nandne on Tuesday noon.
According to eyewitnesses, Singh stood with other people, when suddenly the accused came from behind and attacked his head with an axe, killing him on-the-spot.
Villagers suspect some rivalry between the two, while the Ramnagar police has registered a case under relevant sections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?