Katangikala Congress village council member murdered
Gondia: In a sensational incident, sitting Katangikala village council member of the Congress, Ajit Prabhudayal Singh was murdered in full public view by one Brijlal alias
Pandya Fatesingh Banote during a funeral, on Tuesday noon, the police said.
The police has arrested the accused, but the motive behind the murder couldn`t be ascertained.
The deceased, Ajit Singh (55), a Gondia resident and sitting village council (gram panchayat) member of the Congress from Katangikala, had gone to attend the funeral of one Chaitram Nandne on Tuesday noon.
According to eyewitnesses, Singh stood with other people, when suddenly the accused came from behind and attacked his head with an axe, killing him on-the-spot.
Villagers suspect some rivalry between the two, while the Ramnagar police has registered a case under relevant sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?