Keep politics away from national security: BJP
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley
on Sunday accused the UPA government of "miserably failing" to
tackle terrorism and asserted that the issues of national
security should be delinked from vote bank politics.
"Anywhere else in the world if any political party grows
weak in its fight against terrorism, it will not be able to be
in power, but in India growing weak apparently becomes
important in attracting vote bank," he said.
Speaking on the theme `Threat to National Security`, in
the backdrop of the recent 13/7 serial attacks here, Jaitley
said it is the people who will have to take a decision on
whether to choose vote bank politics or to keep it separate
from the issues of national security.
The Leader of Opposition in the Rajya also flayed
Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi for his recent
comments that all such attacks cannot be prevented, saying
this approach should be changed.
Claiming that the government and investigating agencies
had failed miserably while dealing with terror attacks,
Jaitley pointed out that it was the FBI which told India that
David Headley was behind 26/11.
He also termed the investigation in the 26/11 case as
`casual`. "Only the person who was caught from the spot with
the gun was convicted and our investigators did not reach
anywhere else," he said.
The BJP leader demanded that the government take action
against Kashmiri separatist leader Ghulam Nabi Fai`s Indian
guests. "How can Fai`s guest be India`s interlocutors on
Kashmir," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam