Keep politics away from national security: BJP
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley
on Sunday accused the UPA government of "miserably failing" to
tackle terrorism and asserted that the issues of national
security should be delinked from vote bank politics.
"Anywhere else in the world if any political party grows
weak in its fight against terrorism, it will not be able to be
in power, but in India growing weak apparently becomes
important in attracting vote bank," he said.
Speaking on the theme `Threat to National Security`, in
the backdrop of the recent 13/7 serial attacks here, Jaitley
said it is the people who will have to take a decision on
whether to choose vote bank politics or to keep it separate
from the issues of national security.
The Leader of Opposition in the Rajya also flayed
Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi for his recent
comments that all such attacks cannot be prevented, saying
this approach should be changed.
Claiming that the government and investigating agencies
had failed miserably while dealing with terror attacks,
Jaitley pointed out that it was the FBI which told India that
David Headley was behind 26/11.
He also termed the investigation in the 26/11 case as
`casual`. "Only the person who was caught from the spot with
the gun was convicted and our investigators did not reach
anywhere else," he said.
The BJP leader demanded that the government take action
against Kashmiri separatist leader Ghulam Nabi Fai`s Indian
guests. "How can Fai`s guest be India`s interlocutors on
Kashmir," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation