Kejriwal demands sacking of NCP minister Tatkare
Mumbai: Appealing Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to accept the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, anti-corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday also demanded sacking of state Water Resource Minister Sunil Tatkare.
He also said that India Against Corruption would take to the streets if Vijay Pandhare, Chief Engineer in state irrigation department, who blew whistle on the alleged irrigation scam, was harassed.
"Chavan is going through a test at the moment. He is facing a lot of pressure. The question is will he succumb to pressure and save his government by not accepting Ajit Pawar`s resignation, or will he accept the resignation and pass the test," Kejriwal said, addressing a press conference here.
"His (Pawar`s) resignation should be accepted, even if the Chief Minister is facing pressure from (Congress) High Command (not to accept it).
"Even Tatkare should be asked to resign as his name has surfaced in the irrigation scam," said Kejriwal, the former Team Anna member. Both Pawar and Tatkare belong to NCP.
Kejriwal also said that resigning was not equivalent to undergoing a punishment. "They are exerting pressure by submitting resignations...They are blackmailing the people in the country. Resignation is not a punishment," he said.
Kejriwal alleged that both CBI and state Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) were controlled by the government.
"Scams take place but nobody goes to jail. Instead they are granted bail. Even in this current scam of Rs 70,000 crore, who will investigate? Both CBI and ACB are in the hands of the government."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof