Key Adarsh scam accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani dead
Mumbai: Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, a former Congress MLC and a key accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam, passed away here on Tuesday.
Reports said Gidwani was admitted to Mumbai’s Breach Kandy Hospital two days ago after he suffered a cardiac arrest.
Gidwani was one of the chief promoters of the controversial Adarsh Society in Colaba in South Mumbai.
He was arrested by the CBI along with other accused following revelations that irregularities had been committed in granting permissions in the construction of the high-rise society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test