Key member of Chhota Rajan gang arrested
Navi Mumbai: An alleged member of Chhota
Rajan gang, who was on the run after being granted bail in an
extortion case, was arrested on Saturday from Vashi, police said.
Acting on a tip-off that Sundar Pillai, a key member of
the Rajan gang, would arrive at Vashi to meet his wife, a trap
was laid and the 47-year-old gangster was caught with a
country made pistol, Raosaheb Sardesai, Senior Inspector at
Vashi police station said.
"Pillai, a key member of Rajan gang, had come on a bike.
He met his wife this afternoon and while he was coming out, he
sensed that police might catch him. As he tried to run away,
police nabbed him," Sardesai added.
He was earlier arrested on charges of extortion along
with his two aides in March.
Pillai along with his aides Ramesh Patil (39) and Amar
Jitekar (38) had tried to extort Rs 2 lakh from a builder
Rakesh Surve after giving death threat. Subsequently, the trio
was nabbed and lodged in a jail. But Pillai who was granted
bail remained untraceable.
"At least 15 cases have been registered against him in
Mumbai, Thane and Navi Mumbai," the police officer said.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district