Kidnapped Thane boy rescued in Haridwar; 1 held
Thane: An 11-year old boy from Palghar in Thane district, who was allegedly kidnapped ten days back, has been rescued in Haridwar and a youth was arrested in this connection, police said on Sunday.
They said accused Ramkumar Sahani (27) was in love with the victim`s aunt. However, since the family members of the child did not approve of the one-sided affair, he decided to kidnap the boy.
The accused worked in a local factory and lived in the neighbourhood, they said.
On August 30, Ramkumar abducted the child and took him to Delhi, Jalandhar and Bihar and finally landed in Haridwar. He then called up the boy`s father to deposit Rs 5,000 in the account of a certain person.
The Thane police, which had launched a search for the abductor, finally traced him to Haridwar based on the phone call records and arrested him from his friend`s house there.
The accused was then brought back to Thane by police, who obtained a transit remand from Haridwar court after the arrest by Uttaranchal police.
"The kidnapped boy as well as the accused were brought back to Thane today and the child was reunited with his parents who were anxiously waiting for him," police said.
The accused has been booked under various sections of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre