Kidnapped Thane boy rescued in Haridwar; 1 held
Thane: An 11-year old boy from Palghar in Thane district, who was allegedly kidnapped ten days back, has been rescued in Haridwar and a youth was arrested in this connection, police said on Sunday.
They said accused Ramkumar Sahani (27) was in love with the victim`s aunt. However, since the family members of the child did not approve of the one-sided affair, he decided to kidnap the boy.
The accused worked in a local factory and lived in the neighbourhood, they said.
On August 30, Ramkumar abducted the child and took him to Delhi, Jalandhar and Bihar and finally landed in Haridwar. He then called up the boy`s father to deposit Rs 5,000 in the account of a certain person.
The Thane police, which had launched a search for the abductor, finally traced him to Haridwar based on the phone call records and arrested him from his friend`s house there.
The accused was then brought back to Thane by police, who obtained a transit remand from Haridwar court after the arrest by Uttaranchal police.
"The kidnapped boy as well as the accused were brought back to Thane today and the child was reunited with his parents who were anxiously waiting for him," police said.
The accused has been booked under various sections of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown