Kill those who have done injustice to you, Raj Thackeray tells farmers
Yavatmal: Targeting Congress and NCP over the suicide of farmers in the state, MNS chief Raj Thackeray today appealed to them not to take the extreme step and instead kill those who have done injustice to them.
Thackeray was speaking at a campaign rally here organised for Raju Patil Raje, his party`s only candidate from Vidarbha region.
"For the past 67 years, elections continue to be fought on four issues- roads, energy, water and employment. But all these issues have still remained unresolved. In such a case, we don`t want any election at all. In villages, country liquor is available in plenty, whereas drinking water is not. It is the tragedy of our system," the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief said.
During his speech, the MNS chief read out a purported suicide note left behind by a farmer in which he had urged the voters not to vote for Congress-NCP saying that the leaders of these parties were responsible for him to take this extreme step.
Thackeray appealed to the farmers not to commit suicide due to debt burden. "Don`t commit suicide. It is not a solution to your problems. If at all you want to die, first kill those who have done injustice to you," he said.
He criticised the Congress-NCP leaders for paying visits to only those hailstorm-hit parts in Maharashtra, where their respective parties have base.
"Congress and NCP leaders are visiting the hailstorm-hit areas where their parties owe allegiance. Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Sharad Pawar visit only their respective party areas, affected by hailstorms and politicised the issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?