Kingfisher official remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court today remanded
an assistant vice-president (Security) of Kingfisher Airlines,
arrested for allegedly misusing his office to extend favours
to a senior official of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
(BCAS), to judicial custody till June 31.
Leslie Missal (45), a retired army official, was arrested
by CBI on June 11 for allegedly arranging for Manoj Malviya,
additional commissioner of BCAS to stay in five-star hotels in
CBI had in May this year registered a case against
Malviya for allegedly abusing his official position as a
public servant and entering into a conspiracy with private
persons to take illegal gratification between May 2008 and
According to the investigating agency, Malviya`s hotel
bills were footed by private firms from the aviation sector
like GVK, Airport Authority of India (AAI) and Mumbai
International Airport Ltd (MIAL).
CBI today sought further custody of Missal in order to
take him to Delhi for further investigation.
The court however refused to accept the argument and
remanded Missal to judicial custody till June 31. Soon after
he was remanded, Missal filed his bail plea, which would be
heard by the court tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees