Kingfisher official remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court today remanded
an assistant vice-president (Security) of Kingfisher Airlines,
arrested for allegedly misusing his office to extend favours
to a senior official of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
(BCAS), to judicial custody till June 31.
Leslie Missal (45), a retired army official, was arrested
by CBI on June 11 for allegedly arranging for Manoj Malviya,
additional commissioner of BCAS to stay in five-star hotels in
CBI had in May this year registered a case against
Malviya for allegedly abusing his official position as a
public servant and entering into a conspiracy with private
persons to take illegal gratification between May 2008 and
According to the investigating agency, Malviya`s hotel
bills were footed by private firms from the aviation sector
like GVK, Airport Authority of India (AAI) and Mumbai
International Airport Ltd (MIAL).
CBI today sought further custody of Missal in order to
take him to Delhi for further investigation.
The court however refused to accept the argument and
remanded Missal to judicial custody till June 31. Soon after
he was remanded, Missal filed his bail plea, which would be
heard by the court tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble