Kingfisher plane suffers bird hit at Mum airport
Mumbai: A Kingfisher aircraft from Delhi with 160 people on board Monday suffered a bird hit while landing at the airport here that left its engine damaged.
All the 153 passengers and seven crew members who were on flight IT-302 flight are safe, an airline spokesperson said, adding the aircraft has been grounded after the incident
that occurred around 9 AM this morning.
"The Kingfisher Delhi-Mumbai flight IT-302, suffered a
bird hit during the landing phase here," the spokesperson
The aircraft suffered a bird hit in its engine number
2 official sources said, adding the engine suffered some
damage due to the impact.
The spokesperson said it was a "normal landing" and
the damage to the aircraft is being examined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah