Kolhapur sex scandal: SP transferred, 2 officials suspended
Mumbai: Under fire over the alleged sexual
harassment of woman trainee constables in Kolhapur,
Maharashtra government on Friday announced transfer of district
superintendent of police Yashasvi Yadav and suspension of two
senior police officers.
Deputy superintendent of police Vijay Parkale, and police
inspector (PI) Dnyaneshwar Mundhe have been suspended.
The announcement was made by Home Minister RR Patil here.
It comes in the backdrop of reports that some women
trainee constables have complained to the additional
superintendent of police of Nashik, Maithili Jha -- appointed
by the state government to probe the matter and submit a
report -- about alleged sexual harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?