Kolhapur sex scandal: SP transferred, 2 officials suspended
Mumbai: Under fire over the alleged sexual
harassment of woman trainee constables in Kolhapur,
Maharashtra government on Friday announced transfer of district
superintendent of police Yashasvi Yadav and suspension of two
senior police officers.
Deputy superintendent of police Vijay Parkale, and police
inspector (PI) Dnyaneshwar Mundhe have been suspended.
The announcement was made by Home Minister RR Patil here.
It comes in the backdrop of reports that some women
trainee constables have complained to the additional
superintendent of police of Nashik, Maithili Jha -- appointed
by the state government to probe the matter and submit a
report -- about alleged sexual harassment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory