Kripashankar assets case: SIT submits probe report before SC
Mumbai: The SIT formed by Mumbai police to probe into the alleged amassing of disproportionate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, has submitted its report in the Supreme Court, police said today.
"The case investigation report has been submitted in the Supreme Court in a sealed cover," an officer told PTI without divulging further details.
In September last year, the Supreme Court had granted eight weeks time to the SIT to complete its probe into the alleged amassing of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of Singh`s income. The court had asked Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to head the team.
The statements of Singh and his family members have also been recorded by the investigators.
The Maharashtra government has already submitted to the Supreme Court two reports on the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe in sealed covers about the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family.
The first report was filed on April 16 last year in compliance with the March 13 order of the Supreme Court, which had asked the SIT to probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all the movable and immovable properties of Singh and his family, including his daughter-in-law and daughter and file its report in a sealed cover.
The apex court had refused to stay the probe, but put an interim stay on attaching and seizing the properties of Singh and his family.
It had also restrained the politician and his family members from "alienating, transferring or dealing with properties" enumerated in the petition against them during the pendency of the case and directed them to file an affidavit giving an undertaking for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside
- Japanese parents leave son in mountains as punishment, now a massive search in underway