Kripashankar assets case: SIT submits probe report before SC
Mumbai: The SIT formed by Mumbai police to probe into the alleged amassing of disproportionate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, has submitted its report in the Supreme Court, police said today.
"The case investigation report has been submitted in the Supreme Court in a sealed cover," an officer told PTI without divulging further details.
In September last year, the Supreme Court had granted eight weeks time to the SIT to complete its probe into the alleged amassing of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of Singh`s income. The court had asked Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to head the team.
The statements of Singh and his family members have also been recorded by the investigators.
The Maharashtra government has already submitted to the Supreme Court two reports on the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe in sealed covers about the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family.
The first report was filed on April 16 last year in compliance with the March 13 order of the Supreme Court, which had asked the SIT to probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all the movable and immovable properties of Singh and his family, including his daughter-in-law and daughter and file its report in a sealed cover.
The apex court had refused to stay the probe, but put an interim stay on attaching and seizing the properties of Singh and his family.
It had also restrained the politician and his family members from "alienating, transferring or dealing with properties" enumerated in the petition against them during the pendency of the case and directed them to file an affidavit giving an undertaking for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy