Kripashankar assets case: SIT submits probe report before SC
Mumbai: The SIT formed by Mumbai police to probe into the alleged amassing of disproportionate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, has submitted its report in the Supreme Court, police said today.
"The case investigation report has been submitted in the Supreme Court in a sealed cover," an officer told PTI without divulging further details.
In September last year, the Supreme Court had granted eight weeks time to the SIT to complete its probe into the alleged amassing of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of Singh`s income. The court had asked Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to head the team.
The statements of Singh and his family members have also been recorded by the investigators.
The Maharashtra government has already submitted to the Supreme Court two reports on the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probe in sealed covers about the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family.
The first report was filed on April 16 last year in compliance with the March 13 order of the Supreme Court, which had asked the SIT to probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all the movable and immovable properties of Singh and his family, including his daughter-in-law and daughter and file its report in a sealed cover.
The apex court had refused to stay the probe, but put an interim stay on attaching and seizing the properties of Singh and his family.
It had also restrained the politician and his family members from "alienating, transferring or dealing with properties" enumerated in the petition against them during the pendency of the case and directed them to file an affidavit giving an undertaking for the same.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt