Kripashankar`s security withdrawn: Police
Mumbai: A day after attaching 12 properties
of former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his
family in the metropolis, the city police have withdrawn the
security provided to him even as an investigating team on Saturday
visited one of his residences to complete some formalities.
"A police team visited the politician`s Sai Prasad
building flat here to complete some formalities today," said a
police official privy to the investigation.
The Congress leader`s security has also been withdrawn,
the official said.
Meanwhile, the police will soon attach Singh`s properties
at Panvel in neighbouring Raigad district and some more
properties in Ratnagiri and in Uttar Pradesh, sources said.
The officials are also going through the documents seized
from Singh`s premises, they said adding details about his two
licensed revolvers and over 400 live cartridges were being
The former Mumbai Regional Congress Committee president
yesterday failed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court on
the Bombay High Court order for prosecuting him under the
Prevention of Corruption Act and attachment of his properties.
The High Court had on February 22 ordered prosecution of
Singh for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of
Corruption Act and attachment of properties owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!