Kripashankar`s security withdrawn: Police
Mumbai: A day after attaching 12 properties
of former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his
family in the metropolis, the city police have withdrawn the
security provided to him even as an investigating team on Saturday
visited one of his residences to complete some formalities.
"A police team visited the politician`s Sai Prasad
building flat here to complete some formalities today," said a
police official privy to the investigation.
The Congress leader`s security has also been withdrawn,
the official said.
Meanwhile, the police will soon attach Singh`s properties
at Panvel in neighbouring Raigad district and some more
properties in Ratnagiri and in Uttar Pradesh, sources said.
The officials are also going through the documents seized
from Singh`s premises, they said adding details about his two
licensed revolvers and over 400 live cartridges were being
The former Mumbai Regional Congress Committee president
yesterday failed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court on
the Bombay High Court order for prosecuting him under the
Prevention of Corruption Act and attachment of his properties.
The High Court had on February 22 ordered prosecution of
Singh for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of
Corruption Act and attachment of properties owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere