Kripashankar`s security withdrawn: Police
Mumbai: A day after attaching 12 properties
of former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his
family in the metropolis, the city police have withdrawn the
security provided to him even as an investigating team on Saturday
visited one of his residences to complete some formalities.
"A police team visited the politician`s Sai Prasad
building flat here to complete some formalities today," said a
police official privy to the investigation.
The Congress leader`s security has also been withdrawn,
the official said.
Meanwhile, the police will soon attach Singh`s properties
at Panvel in neighbouring Raigad district and some more
properties in Ratnagiri and in Uttar Pradesh, sources said.
The officials are also going through the documents seized
from Singh`s premises, they said adding details about his two
licensed revolvers and over 400 live cartridges were being
The former Mumbai Regional Congress Committee president
yesterday failed to secure a stay from the Supreme Court on
the Bombay High Court order for prosecuting him under the
Prevention of Corruption Act and attachment of his properties.
The High Court had on February 22 ordered prosecution of
Singh for "criminal misconduct" under the Prevention of
Corruption Act and attachment of properties owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen